The Give a Child a Chance is a programme to sponsor a named child through primary and/or secondary education.
Since inception, over 80 children from severely disadvantaged backgrounds, who would otherwise have no education now have the opportunity of going to school. We have seen their lives transformed for the better. The children also feel loved, safe and a part of our sponsor family.
We work in partnership with a limited number of schools in local areas that we personally know. They have a good and credible track record in self-help and in supporting their local communities.
Sponsors of children receive regular updates such as school reports and health and wellbeing information of the child, enabling them to follow the development and progress of the child.
There are currently over 80 children being supported and there are just as many on our waiting list. They are orphans, from severely deprived homes or street children between the age of 6 and 16 years old.
You can sponsor a child through primary education for as little as £25 a month (83p a day) or for £35 a month (£1.06 a day) for secondary education. The 83p a day is less than the cost of a cup of coffee.
The details of the programme are…
• You will become a sponsor of one of the disadvantaged named children on our list
• You will be able to correspond with your sponsored child via our dedicated local sponsorship coordinator and make them feel like a member of your big family
• You will receive annual update profiles and photographs
• You will receive school reports at the end of each term
• You will receive letter and drawings from your sponsored child twice a year
• You can send letters and small gifts to the child
You can also visit your sponsored child in Uganda, for an unforgettable, once in a lifetime experience and see how your sponsorship is making a difference in their life.
Your sponsorship covers the cost of tuition, uniforms, scholastic materials and a daily meals, but the benefits do not stop there. Each child sponsored not only receives these few basics of life and a sound education but has the opportunity to enjoy the social company of other children in safe and caring environments.
To make a life-changing difference to a child, you can register to become a sponsor today or simply start clicking bottom below.