Whilst we will not be able to fully close over the Christmas period due to the extreme needs of our children we were able to celebrate the official year end by hosting the Amasiko children to their end-of-year/Christmas party. And to make it an even more special day, we were privileged to host Rotarian Ndomeirwe James as well.
Evas prepared a sumptuous meal almost single handedly; she had began preparations the previous day. Amasiko children, Rotarian James Ndomeirwe and staff were treated to a rare rich meal comprising Matooke (steamed bananas), rice, beef, fish (for those who don’t consume beef); washed down with passion juice!
Staff made preparations for the Xmas break, including: tentative arrangements to keep feeding most of the children, especially the footballers who would proceed with daily training; standby presence of staff; being available to keep a tab on security and handle any unforeseen emergencies, such as sickness by our children, who are after all, our clients. Evas volunteered to prepare daily porridge while Rotarian Ndomeirwe promised to provide some buns to supplement the porridge on daily basis.
- The Xmas party (and indeed parties held at Amazing Love and Graeme Naish Schools) was facilitated by generous contributions and donations from friends and supporters in the UK. Thank you everyone in the UK!
- Peace and Evas had done a commendable job in the preparations; backed by George and Wilberforce. Thank you team!
- Appreciated selfless support from well-wishers, especially Rotarian James (see more here). Thank you James!
- Need to prepare in earnest for the upcoming Emma & Therese football tournament, which is slated for 4th -18th January 2016. More to follow on this important activity.
- AAU would support in feeding and emergency medical care, especially to trainees, throughout the Xmas season, including a ‘special’ meal on Xmas day.
The Amasiko Programme has had a fantastic start and made a real contribution since it’s start in June this year. If you can help us keep it running this would be fantastic. We are looking for two things at the moment and if you, or any of your friends and family can help with either (or indeed anything else) this would be amazing: